Badly damaged during the Hundred Years War, then after the 1789 French Revolution, when part of it was used for stone (southern side). Since 1969, 4,000 volunteers aided by professionals have been helping to rebuild it; reconstruction is now 80 percent complete. Through it, a number of young people have chosen a career as architects, historical monument architects, public works engineers or carpenters or stone-cutters. The initiative is due to Françoise and Pierre Pottier.
Ouverture
From 01/07 to 15/08/2022 between 10 am and 6 pm. Closed on Saturday.